Uses of dermal fillers
These are the uses of dermal fillers
- Fill in the fine lines around mouth and nose
- Smooth vertical lip lines
- Plump the lips to enhance their appearance
- Restore the volume of sunken cheeks
- Improve facial contours
- Improve the skin around the chin area, back of the hands and the decolette area
What are fillers made with?
Dermal fillers are soft tissue fillers made up of Hyaluronic acid and these are specially designed for a specific area to be treated such as thin fillers for fine lines, thick fillers for deep lines and cheek volumization and Hydration fillers specially designed to work for skin around the chin area, Tear trough area, upper chest area and back of the hands
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: HA is a naturally occurring substance that is also found in our skin. Its basic purpose is to keep skin hydrated, smooth and plump.
- Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero are some of the types of Hyaluronic acid fillers that are approved by FDA.
What you need to know and follow before getting the treatment
Dermal filler itself is very effective procedure to make your appearance more youthful but strictly following pre-treatment instructions will improve its results more. Here are some of the instructions:
- Avoid blood thinning medications and supplements for the time recommended by your practitioner. This will help minimize bruising at the injection site.
- Your practitioner must be aware if you have cardiovascular history.
- Inform your practitioner if you have any skin problems.
- Try to avoid alcoholic drinks.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
How you should take care of your skin after the treatment
In order to enhance the results of the treatment, it is important to follow post-treatment instructions of your expert. Here are some of very common instructions. Have a look.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for one day
- Avoid excessive sun exposure
- Avoid using alcohol
- Use cold compresses to cope with swelling or bruising if any
- Avoid any laser treatments for recommended period of time
How dermal filler treatment is done
It is an outpatient procedure with no downtime. The steps included in the procedure are as follows.
- First step involves thoroughly cleaning of skin
- Then the treatment area is numbed using topical anesthetic. A mild aesthetic is also present in the fillers to minimize discomfort
- Dermal fillers are then injected beneath the skin very carefully
- The results are usually visible after the treatment depending on the type of filler used and the treatment area. In some patients it can take approximately one to two weeks to have the full effects visible as it happens after the bruising settles
Side effects and Complications
- Mild bruising, swelling or bleeding can happen but usually this is temporary and can be treated with Arnica gel or cream
- If the person is prone to get herpes infections, it can appear after the treatment such as herpes of the lips. This is usually treated with creams and tablets and settles within few days
How long do the results last?
Dermal filler is a temporary solution. The results usually last between 4 to 6 months. It is recommended to schedule your next appointment at the time of treatment to get maximum benefits.
Please contact us to book a consultation with our experts on the given number. or Fill the form we will contact you back ASAP.